Friday, July 31, 2009

He's mobile!

Oh my Mr. Ian certainly is a mobile little boy now! The video below was taken about a week ago.


He's made great strides since this. He can crawl, alternating hands and legs and keep his belly off the ground all at the same time! That is a huge accomplishment for a 24lb baby. Yeah, he weighs over 24lbs on our bathroom scale.

He got a bit of a cold this weekend. I think he got it from me. I made a very interesting discovery since I was desperate to get rid of the snot dripping continuously from his nose. Remember a couple years ago when the FDA took all cold medicines for children under 6 off the market? Do you realize what kind of predicament it puts us moms in when we can't make our babies feel better. Well, when Ian had a cold a few months ago, the doctor gave us a prescription for cold medicine. Yesterday, I took it with me to Walmart and compared ingredients...can you believe that it's exactly the same medication that is in Children's Tylenol Cold? So I bought it and gave him .75 tsp - carefully calculated to match the prescription that the doctor gave us mind you - and low and behold, he felt better rather quickly. He hasn't had to have any medicine today and was such a good boy after work today. I am hoping for a good nights sleep.

Melody is at her Grandma's for 2 weeks. I surely miss my Melody. She really is a source of happiness for me. I miss her hugs. I hope she's having fun. There are only two weeks left before school starts. I am happy that she has the opportunity to get away a little and have some new experiences without her baby brother to tie her down. ; )

No comments: