Thursday, July 23, 2009

I gave my blog a make over! and other random thoughts...

That's right folks! My blog has a new look thanks to The Cutest Blog on the Block (love this site!). Where else can I get butterflies and polka dots?

Ian is 7 month old! Our 7 month old...
  • Is growing a tooth...I can feel it and barely see it
  • Is soooo close to crawling its not even funny...He's still working on those arm motions
  • Is "dancing" in his exersaucer when the music plays ... I'll sway back and forth and then he'll imitate me with a big ole smile on his face
  • Sits up very well
  • Can go from a sitting position to standing when holding my hands (when he begins to crawl, he will most likely start pulling up VERY soon after)
  • Is eating a very large variety of baby food out of jars mostly just because I know he's getting a better variety than what I could puree for him.
  • Most recently we've added pumpkin, blueberries, strawberries, and mango to his diet. He surprisingly likes the meats. Tonight I mixed the Pumpkin Pear jar with Ham and he gobbled it right up. I have no idea why I decided to mix them together.
  • Babbles all sorts of syllables (bababa, dadada) and is known to growl, squeal, and scream when he feels the need.
  • Thinks his sister is the greatest and she just eats it up
What's on my mind lately?

I think I have finally gotten used to life with two kids. It's the norm now and it doesn't stress me out.

Tony's mom came in for the 4th of July weekend and my mom came in last weekend which was also known as my birthday weekend. I turned 26! Other than my mom coming to town (which was awesome!) and buying me cupcakes and pizza for dinner, my birthday was pretty low key. No big celebrations. Thanks for coming mom, you made my day!

Work has been complete hell lately - just way too busy and too much jammed packed into one month. But it should get better and more manageable as the busiest class season is behind us now.

Tony has been pretty into his online game for the past 5 months or so. This is leaving me longing for a hobby that makes me happy like his game makes him happy. I realize I can't expect him to entertain me and since I've go this parenting of two thing down, I think I can safely take on a project I enjoy. And I know what the hobby is...scrapbooking. I just need a little motivation to get it organized, a little money to make it exciting, and a way to keep it out of a soon to be toddler's hands.

I have a great idea for an "online business" but I have no idea how to set it up or advertise it. I have a love for making photo collages that can be used as a desktop background or even printed and framed in an 8x10 frame and I have several people ask about mine on my computer at work and I think I could charge a small fee to make them for people and then send them the file via email. I think I can request payment via pay pal, but I need to do some research. This could definitely provide my scrapbooking budget. If anyone has any ideas on how I can do this please comment!

I'm wondering what is keeping our friends so busy. I barely see anyone ever anymore and I'm not sure if its because I've done something wrong or if its just life. Melody misses seeing everyone too. We don't exactly get out as much as we used to either but I don't really remember us being out all the time anyway so I don't think thats it.

I had the day off yesterday and I took the kids to the park and walked around downtown with them. It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I didn't stress when Kim said she was sick - I just took the day off and didn't look back.

Melody starts 3rd grade in less than a month! Oh my! I really can't believe she is getting so big.

I am starting to ponder Ian's 1st birthday party. I really wish there were a place that I could have a simple party somewhere kid friendly without having 30 people in my house and not have to pay $200... I'm seriously hoping for a warm weekend in December lol. Ideas anyone?

I've been loving the weather we've had the past week or so...here's to another week like that!!

2 comments:

Karen Riojas said...

ooh! What game does your husband play? From one wife of a gamer to another, I'm curious what he's gotten into. My husband may be playing it as well.

As far as ideas for your business: maybe try etsy? Lots of people sell graphic arts and design stuff on there. I'm thinking of selling my own photo-editing and design services on there, but I need to learn a few new photoshop skills first.

Dawn K said...

He plays Neverwinter Nights