Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today was Melody's first day of 3rd grade. I got up extra early this morning, made sure Ian looked nice and was fed, and off we went to take my 3rd grader to school. We left the house at 7:20am, plenty of time to park, put Ian in the stroller and walk Melody into school. Little did I know, she is way too big to have her mom walk her into school. She asked me to just drop her off at the door. She knew where she was going and was confident and excited. I guess I've done a good job, but it sure was hard to swallow. So I dropped her off and, with tears in my eyes, I drove Ian to Ms. Kim's and then went to work.

Here's my 3rd grader!

She had a great day! I am looking forward to this year. We are in the 2nd half of elementary school now, after all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats to Melody. my sister starts 6th grade tomorrow...

The Bagbys: Grace, Dani and Seth said...

Melody looks so grown up! It's hard to believe that it's been 3 1/2 years since we've lived across the street!

Chelsea said...

She is SO adorable!!! I wanna eat her up! Well, not literally of course.

Frugal Vicki said...

She is a cutie. How does that happen just overnight. How do they go from our one and only little baby bugs to "get away from me mom!"

Theta Mom said...

What a cutie! Best of luck for a great school year!

BTW, thanks so much for the follow. I am following back! :)