Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I have been procrastinating posting again because I know I've waited too long (2 months!). So what's happened since Halloween?

an ear infections
a visit from Grannie
Thanksgiving
another ear infection
Hand Foot Mouth Disease
Ian's 1st Birthday!
Bronchitis
Christmas

Yep, that's what my life is made of lately. I am ready for the sickness to end.

So lets go over the three things that didn't involve illness.

Thanksgiving was fun. I hosted. Mom-in-law and sister-in-law were here. We had ham and all of the fixins. I took short cuts to try and enjoy my day with my children. We had steam and mash potatoes, noodles from the frozen food section, and stove top stuffing. It was yummy and Ian enjoyed it! Probably the last meal that he truly enjoyed for nearly a week because he got hand foot and mouth disease not too long after that. And then we lived through the most miserable week of our (Ian and Mommy) lives together.

Hand foot mouth was apparently very painful for Ian. He didn't want to eat or drink. I prayed for wet diapers. But we got through it slowly but surely. And then we CELEBRATED!

Ian's birthday party came about a week before his real birthday. It was great to see the people there who love him most. He went after the cake and truly enjoyed it. We opened presents. The kids that attended played with balloons. We played some music (although it was barely heard) and gave out CDs with "Ian's Party Tunes) on them for favors along with animal crackers and john deere fruit snacks. It was perfect.

Then we had Christmas. And I'll be honest. Ian was not at all impressed with opening presents on Christmas morning. It made him very cranky. I have a little man who is stuck on a routine and we don't open presents every day so it made him cranky. But we did have a white Christmas which was magical. And Melody had a great Christmas. We were thankful to be able to give our kids presents. It's been a pretty hard year financially and there were probably some creditors we should have paid more instead of buying gifts but we were able to have a very nice thrifty Christmas, and I will be honest, there wasn't too much that I didn't buy at Walmart or with my Swagbucks (yes, I got some Christmas presents for free for my family buy using Swagbucks to search all year).

And now 2010 is upon us. Ian is getting over Bronchitis. I am trying to figure out why he doesn't sleep at daycare. Melody is spending the week at grandmas. And I can't help but think of all of the wonderful things that happened in 2009. My little baby boy that we started the year off with has grown into a toddler. He has learned to walk (he learned during his 12th month) and is out to push every button I have.

He's been throwing his food at dinner time, mostly veggies, so I've been buying jarred veggies again just to be sure he's getting the vitamins he needs. He has started whole milk and is doing ok with it. I don't think he likes it very much.

Melody is getting ready to turn 9. This blows my mind away. Tony and I have already bought her birthday gift. She wants to go bowling for her birthday so that is what I'm working on planning. Luckily I still have about 6 weeks.

Now that I've rambled....lets hope I can post again before Melody turns 9!

No comments: