Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just a little update

So, the past month or so has been quite busy.

Ian had an ear infection probably about 6 weeks ago. So I was off for a day with him then. I went with him to the doctor complaining that he cried when I kissed him on the cheek. Strange, I know, but it was true and he had an ear infection.

About 2 weeks later, his sitter's daughter had a stomach bug so I kept him home for the day. Then Tony woke up with it the next day and the daycare was closed so everyone could get well. This same day, we went in for his 9 MONTH checkup! He was 26lbs even and 30 1/4 inches long. Yes, he's a big boy. 90% for height. over 95% for weight. But when you look at him, he just looks older, not necessarily too big, so I figure that's ok. Melody was a big baby too and now she is one of the smallest in her class. Back to the stomach bug, Tony had it, I think Ian had a spell of it (not as bad as the rest of us), and then Melody and I had it too. It was the worse stomach bug I've ever had. Just awful. I'll leave it at that.

Then a week and 1/2 ago we went in with 103.6 degree fever as a symptom. His ear infection was back. We are just finishing up his other antibiotic and hoping for a couple of months of health for our household.

Melody has made it a little over a month into the 3rd grade. She currently has all A's, although math and science are 90% so they are right on the border. She had a couple weeks where she had to be reminded to do things like check over her work and answer every question. She is a great big sister and loves to entertain Ian. We are working on a family plan for Halloween and she was willing to change her costume idea for us. We've been taking advantage of a lot of free activites like First Friday on the downtown square and the Farmer's Market and going to the park.

Melody at the farmer's market.

Ian at the Farmer's Market playing in the fountain.

We have moved mostly to finger foods. It's been about a week now since we turned that corner. As I type, he is just finishing breakfast. It's taken him about 30-40 minutes to eat, but he is thoroughly enjoying it. This morning, he had Bananas coated with crushed Banana Nut Cheerios and then about 1/3 cup of Banana Nut Cheerios. He also had a 6 ounce bottle. We've been cooking a lot of frozen veggies. He does ok with those. Sometimes the green beens are a little tough to chew. I've made chicken and turkey and turkey meatballs and put them into the freezer easy quick dinners. I still throw in a jar every now and then for a super quick dinner or digestion help. He also likes wheat toast and wheat pasta and loves to come get food off my plate when we eat. I am going to try to serve him some cheese pizza this week, we'll see how that goes. He has eaten some meals with us too. My number one worry is just the level of sodium in everything - I don't have time to make everything home made, but I try to keep his intake on the lower side. Over the past week, he's been eating "big boy breakfast and big boy lunches" at day care which is pretty exciting for him I hear because he gets to sit at the table too and he doesn't have to go steal food off the other kids' trays. Yeah, he was that kid.

Ian with his mouth full of peas, chicken, and toast.

One notable thing about his personality is his early love of music. He likes to "dance". You'll see a video of him dancing below. Whenever he hears a tune he likes, he head starts to move back and forth...he does it whether he's sitting, standing, or crawling. It's so cute. Here is a video.



Yesterday, he walked across the room with his little walking toy. That was pretty exciting. I'll do my best to get some pictures of that or even video but I'm pretty busy following him closely to make sure he doesn't fall.

Here is a photo of Ian looking toddlerish in his fall clothes.



No comments: